Saturday, March 5, 2022

~ Introductions ~

 Hello there! 












Welcome to my little corner of the vast blogosphere, I’m Miss Winifred. Before we continue I suppose I should say that Miss Winifred Banks is a pen name I use. It is borrowed from the wonderful character of Winifred Banks in one of my favourite movies and musicals Mary Poppins. Winifred was also a potential name that my parents were going to give me before deciding on my actual name. 

I suppose I should tell you a little bit about myself as my ‘About Me’ page is currently under construction so do feel free to check back later this week to have a look at it (please do). I will try and keep it brief, this is the first blog post after all.

I’m an ISFJ Anglo-Catholic Australian who is in her mid twenties and comes from the city but now lives in the country and longs to live in Yorkshire, England or Scotland or wherever the Lord leads me. Whilst I do miss the city sometimes, the peace and quiet of the country coupled with the genuine team spirit and kindness to all is much more suited to my personality. That being said I’m often back in the city for musician work as I play Viola and sing part time.










Fellow Altos unite!

I’m currently studying for my second degree at university after completing initial studies with a BArts comprising of a dual major in History and English Literature. My ultimate goal is to do a PhD in Musicology or History with a focus in the Victorian or Edwardian era but that will have to wait until I’m able to afford doing the degree as funding for the Arts here in Australia is abysmal but that is a rant for another day. 

A random fact about me is that I collect numerous editions of the one book (The Secret Garden) as covers are so beautiful and it’s impossible to choose between them. The plan however is that I’m building up my classics collection in second hand format (which is both good for the planet and my bank account). My second fact about me is that I’ve played in the pit orchestra for a couple of musicals.

To put it simply, I’m a Historian, a traditionalist, old soul, hopeless romantic (who’s very much single after a terrible past relationship), collector of books and records (old, second hand, and new) Shakespearean tragic, Sondheim fan, history nerd, and a viewer of Period/ Historical dramas. I adore musicals and theatre and if you’re looking for me you can often find me either in an Art Gallery, Museum, Concert Hall, Theatre, or Library. 

It’s a joy to meet you all and I’m very excited for this journey of blogging. 

Till next time I remain very truly yours,

Miss Winifred (Banks) 

8 comments:

  1. Hullo, Miss Winifred! *waves*

    The Secret Garden is such a wonderful story. I read it with one of my students last year, and I was definitely tearing up by the end. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hullo Katie! *waves back*

      I totally agree, the 1994 film is just a perfect adaptation and if you haven’t seen it yet I totally recommend it! Have tissues with you!

      Delete
  2. Your studies sound so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I did love my BA, it was a lot of work and endless essays but it’s resulted in some beautiful friendships. Welcome to the blog!

      Delete
    2. PS: There will be more posts coming so feel free to check back in the next week or so

      Delete
  3. *Checking on your blog since you just followed mine* Yup. Definitely a Kindred Spirit. And an Alto too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I just found your blog and wanted to say it's awesome. I love its aesthetic.💙
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

Please do leave a comment, I have comment moderation on so don’t be concerned if it doesn’t show up right away.